ONE PROJECT AT A TIME
Our laboratory facilities are some of the most innovative and best available in the region and conform to the highest regulatory standards.
Our Geotechnical Division strives to define and evaluate subsurface conditions and their relative potential impact on proposed or existing developments.
Our Environmental Division aims to provide our clients guidance in assessing actual and potential environment conditions and hazards in order to reduce our client’s potential liability.
• For over 35 years, Petra has been dedicated to providing our clients with cost-conscious geotechnical and environmental engineering services, while maintaining a reputation for timely service and accountability.
• With multiple office locations, our team of highly qualified engineers, geologists, scientists, technicians, and support staff offer an extensive familiarity with local regulatory agency protocols and procedures, giving our clients the best opportunity for seamless completion of their project.
• We have successfully assisted our clients in EVERY aspect of project development including site planning, earthwork observation and testing, to final construction and beyond…
Petra Geosciences, Inc. provides comprehensive investigations for geotechnical engineering and engineering geology concerning earth materials and their relationship with engineered structures.
Our mission is to provide peace of mind to our clients by providing safe, economic and timely solutions on every project, for every client. We strive to become and remain the consultant of choice for geotechnical and environmental services in Southern California by providing prompt, reliable and efficient services to all our clients.
Our highly experienced and well educated personnel provide expertise in a wide range of projects throughout the geotechnical, geological and environmental fields, employing cutting edge equipment, software and practices.
LAB & TESTING
Our Geotechnical Division supports a professional staff of highly qualified technical experts who retain the requisite project experience to effectively address the challenging geotechnical and geological issues of southern California. Petra’s full service geotechnical operations are organized according to specific areas of discipline and expertise so we can respond effectively to project needs and specifications. To provide our clients with the full benefit and years of our expertise, each project is supervised by a Senior Project Manager. This Senior level personnel participation assures our clients that each project undertaken receives the full support of our capabilities.
The following are traditional geotechnical studies and services Petra provides to our clients:
1. Feasibility Studies
2. Third Party Review
3. Geologic Mapping
4. Fault Evaluation
5. Earthquake Engineering
6. Groundwater Characterization
7. Forensic Studies
8. Foundation Evaluation
9. Pavement Design
10. Slope Stability Studies
11. Distress Evaluation
12. Laboratory Studies
Grading and Post-Grading Support Services
1. Mass, Rough, and Precise Grading Observation and Testing
2. Settlement, Heave, and Lateral Movement Monitoring
3. Shallow Footing and Caisson Construction Observation
4. Retaining Wall Footing, Drainage, and Backfill Observation and Testing
1. Utility Trench Backfill Observation and Testing
2. Street Subgrade, Base and Asphalt Concrete Observation and Testing
3. Post Grading/Construction Monitoring
4. Laboratory Testing
Petra provides a full range of integrated environmental services addressing the escalating challenges of today’s complex and sensitive environmental issues for a wide array of public and private sector clients. We understand the significance of the environmental liabilities our clients face and we strive to provide balanced solutions that allow our clients the ability to effectively manage risk. We provide practical, yet creative solutions for our clients using our in-depth knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations coupled with our attention to individual client objectives.
The general services offered by our Environmental Division include the following:
Phase I and II Investigations
1. Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
2. Soil and Groundwater Investigations
3. Fate and Transport Modeling
Preliminary Endangerment Assessments (School Projects and Hazardous Waste Sites)
1. Soil and Groundwater Investigations
2. Risk Assessments
3. Remedial Recommendations
4. Remedial Actions
Soil and Groundwater Remediation
5. Dual-Phase Extraction
Methane Investigations, Modeling, and Consulting
1. Methane Investigations
2. Mitigation Recommendations
3. Agricultural Exemptions
5. Risk Modeling
6. Regulatory Policy Formulation and Evaluations
Construction and Municipal Storm Water Services
1. Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans
2. Storm Water Sampling
3. Field Personnel Training
5. Inspection Assistance
6. Regulatory Interpretation and Interface Assistance
Transaction Consulting (Risk Allocation and Management)
Regulatory Policy Formulation and Evaluation
In order to maintain the highest level of quality testing services, Petra’s materials testing laboratories are supervised by a California Registered Civil Engineer and are equipped with the latest, state-of-the-art equipment. Our professional staff adheres to internal quality assurance and quality control programs to ensure that your project needs are met with the professional and quality of work ethic that our clients have come to expect from Petra. Petra conducts all of our testing in accordance with ASTM, AASHTO, Caltrans, and UBC standards, project specifications, and established construction practices.
California Geotechnical Engineers Association
Building Association of Southern California
Business Development Association of Orange County
American Society of Civil Engineers
Association of Engineering Geologists
South Coast Geological Society
Earthquake Engineering Research Institute
Orange County / Corporate:
3186 Airway Ave., Suite K
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
1251 W. Pomona Road, Suite 103, Corona, CA 92882
28358 Constellation Road, Suite 680, Valencia, CA 91355
40880 County Center Dr., Suite R, Temecula, CA 92591
42-240 Green Way, Suite E,
Palm Desert, CA 92211
(714) 549-8921 (Direct)
(714) 668-3770 (Fax)
(714) 549-8921 (Direct)
(714) 549-1438 (Fax)
(657) 269-4982 (Direct)
(951) 737-3199 (Fax)
Drop us a line or give a call
TO INTEGRITY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND COMMUNICATION
LOCATED THROUGHOUT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA